My Construction Law Practice
Time is a crucial factor in the construction industry. When you are involved in a large construction project, you want to be sure you have the right contracts in place before work begins, so you are prepared for whatever may happen. If disputes arise, you need to be sure you have an attorney on your side who is able to provide you with the business-friendly advice that is crucial to helping you protect your bottom line, and at the same time focuses on making the other parties involved live up to their legal and contractual obligations.
I have 30 years of experience handling construction law matters for my clients. Before starting my own law firm, I was a partner at two of the largest construction law firms in California, gaining a reputation for my ability to find creative solutions to complex issues. I am confident that no matter the issue that arises on your construction project, I will be able to provide sound, business-oriented advice that will help you achieve your goals.
Helping With All Aspects Of Construction Law
My practice is focused on construction. I have hands-on experience with nearly all stages of the construction process, from the very beginning during the initial planning of a project, including the drafting of contracts, to issues that may arise after work has been completed. Issues I have handled for my clients include:
- Helping negotiate agreements with architects involved in a project
- Advising clients concerning legal and contract issues, including the effect of new legislation
- Advising clients with respect to insurance issues
- Advising clients regarding contractors’ license law issues
- Preventing, perfecting and prosecuting a mechanic’s lien, stop payment notice and bond claims
- Negotiating resolutions of change orders, delays, errors and omissions and other claims prior to litigation or arbitration
- Obtaining approval from inspectors once a project has been completed
- Getting a lender to pay for work that has been performed
- Mediating, arbitrating and litigating construction disputes
- Assisting contractors with labor code violations involving nonpayment of employees by subcontractors
- Defending and prosecuting numerous construction defect matters, both residential and commercial
- Prosecuting and defending major construction claims cases involving delay, disruption, disputed change orders and scope of work issues
- Prosecuting and defending professional liability (errors and omissions) cases against architects and engineers
- Serving as personal counsel for clients in construction defect and personal injury cases, overseeing the work of defense counsel, working with insurance carriers and advising as to strategy
- Representing policyholders in actions seeking coverage under insurance policies
Learn More About My Construction Law Practice
To schedule a consultation with an experienced construction lawyer, please call my El Segundo office at 310-955-4676 or send me an email. I have represented clients on projects throughout California, and in Nevada, Arizona and other western states.